Spring is the latest short film produced by Blender Animation Studio and made entirely in Blender 2.8.
Spring is the story of a shepherd girl and her dog, who face ancient spirits in order to continue the cycle of life. This poetic and visually stunning short film was written and directed by Andy Goralczyk, inspired by his childhood in the mountains of Germany.
The Spring team used the development version of Blender 2.80 for the entire production, before the software was in official Beta even.
- Director: Andy Goralczyk
- Producer: Francesco Siddi
- Executive producer: Ton Roosendaal
- Music: Torin Borrowdale
- Sound: Sander Houtman
- Concept art: David Revoy
- Animation director: Hjalti Hjalmarsson
- Modeling and shading: Julien Kaspar
- Animation: Ignacio Conesa, Nathan Dillow, Pablo Fournier
- Rigging: Juan Pablo Bouza
- Lighting and effects: Pablo Vazquez, Sam Van Hulle
- Software and Pipeline: Brecht van Lommel, Jacques Lucke, Jeroen Bakker, Sergey Sharybin, Sybren Stüvel, Tobias Johansson
- Rendering IT4INNOVATION VSB – Technical University of Ostrava
Spring by the Blender Animation Studio
Get the production files, assets and exclusive making-of videos by joining Blender Cloud.